An analysis of brand communication in social networks during wartime
An analysis of brand communication in social networks during wartime After the start of the war in Ukraine, the brand’s communication has changed. Our SMM team analyzed brands’ and customers’ behavior on social media in Ukraine during this period 🤔
So our conclusions 👇
💬 We divided the business into several groups depending on their communication:
• Those who always maintained active communication and continued it during the war.
• Those who are silent during the war.
• Those who began to speak cautiously some time after the war started.
🔖 Companies that always maintained active communication and continued it during the war are most often national and local brands.
🔖 Companies that are silent during the war are mostly large international holdings.
They avoid hot social and political topics in their social networks, which can cause general resonance and mass hate. Often the corporate rules of an international company forbid the display of the brand's position to avoid scandals.
🔖 Companies that began to speak cautiously sometime after the war started. They are small and medium-sized businesses. They heard calls from the authorities to restore the economy and came back to work.
Usually, social networks are the main sales channel for such businesses.
💬 Among the companies that speak always or who start to speak, we distinguished two segments:
• Those who have always spoken. Mostly it is medium-sized businesses that invest resources in image building and understand that communicating with the audience is important.
They were active on social media before the war, and after the start of a full-scale invasion, they adjusted their strategy and continued communication.
• Those who are trying to "catch the wave of hype". Mostly it is small businesses that have an account on social media "just in case" and don't consider that SM can be important for business development.
Their communication now is an attempt to hype by using buzz topics or terms in brand content or activity. For example, local sushi deliveries with "Chornobaivka" sets, etc.
💬 Quality remains an important part of content creation. But at the same time, the essence became the main thing.
What you say is far more important than what photos or videos you use and whether your content is created by a professional designer.